Every Last Detail
What to bring, what to expect, and what to leave behind.
The resort is located in the rugged Pacific Northwest, so please pack comfortable, functional clothing and come prepared for the chance of rain. Attire is wilderness casual and laid back. There is no formal dress code for the Cookhouse Restaurant. Jeans are permitted. Average daily temperatures range from 18-10C (68-72F) with overnight lows between 10-15C (52-62F). All tents are heated by gas woodstoves, and the hearth fires are always burning.
- Camera, batteries, chargers
- Reusable water bottle (we have stainless steel bottles available if you don't have one).
- Sunglasses, Croakies, Hats
- Medications, Ibuprofen and allergy relief
- Waterproof hiking shoes or boots
- Running shoes, sandals (optional)
- Bathing suit for hot tubs, saunas and Penny Falls swimming
- Athletic and/or yoga wear (optional)
- Base layer top and bottom – the lightweight sort for skiing is perfect
- Warm fleece layers (eg: vest, sweater, jacket)
- Gore-Tex or other rain and windproof jacket
- Trekking/outdoor pants and shorts
- Jeans for horseback riding
- Moisture-wicking sports shirts – long and short sleeve
If you would like to pre-order Arc’teryx base layer, fleece,mid layer, Gore-Tex jackets or other products custom-made for rainforest adventure, please call the resort in advance of your visit, and we will arrange for the colour and size of your choosing to be waiting for you upon arrival.