Every Last Detail
What to bring, what to expect, and what to leave behind.
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort is located in the rugged and remote Pacific Northwest, so please pack comfortable, functional clothing and come prepared for the chance of rain. Attire is wilderness casual and laid back. Average daily temperatures range from 18-10C (68-72F) with overnight lows between 10-15C (52-62F). All tents are heated by gas woodstoves, and the hearth fires are always burning.
Dining Attire: There is no formal dress code for the Cookhouse Restaurant. You are welcome to dress as casually as jeans and a t-shirt or dress it up as much as you like!
Packing List: (PDF Version)
- Camera, batteries, chargers
- Reusable water bottle (we have stainless steel bottles available if you don't have one).
- Sunglasses, hats, croakies
- Medications, Ibuprofen and allergy relief
- Waterproof hiking shoes or boots
- Running shoes, sandals (optional)
- Bathing suit for hot tubs, saunas and Penny Falls swimming
- Athletic and/or yoga wear (optional)
- Base layer top and bottom – the lightweight sort for skiing is perfect
- Warm fleece layers (eg: vest, sweater, jacket)
- Gore-Tex or other rain and windproof jacket
- Trekking/outdoor pants and shorts
- Jeans or long pants for horseback riding
- Moisture-wicking sports shirts – long and short sleeve